- 10 minutes of skipping every day in February 2024
- Get a bespoke skipping rope when you sign up!
- Raise £75 and you’ll receive a branded t-shirt (there is limited stock available so hit the target first to get yours!)
- Reach over £100 and you’ll receive a King’s medal to celebrate your achievement.
- Sign up now for the King's SkipTOBER Challenge by joining the Facebook Group and following the links to register.
When does the challenge start and finish?
Your challenge begins on Thursday, February 1st and ends on Thursday, February 29th.
Is there a registration fee?
No, it's free to register, we just ask that you raise as much as you can.
How do I register to take part?
Join the King's February Skipping Challenge Facebook group, follow the links to sign up, and create your Facebook Fundraiser.
How do I keep track of my skips and share my progress?
The Health app on iPhone and Google Fit app on Android can help you keep track of the skipping you do each day. Make sure to keep your phone with you while you are on the move. There are many other apps you can download to your phone - just use whatever works for you.
Do I need to provide evidence that I have completed the challenge?
No – we trust you! But it’s a great idea to keep everyone updated on your progress by posting updates and pictures on your fundraiser on your social media accounts. Don't forget to share your progress on our Facebook page.
What is a Facebook Fundraiser?
A fundraising page which is hosted on Facebook and connected to your personal Facebook page, which makes it really easy to share with all your friends. You can set one up here https://givp.nl/register/C60Rij7k - it's really quick and simple!
How do I share my fundraiser with my Facebook friends?
When you set up your page, Facebook will post an update on your news feed to let all your friends know about your fundraiser. It will also let them know when you make any updates to your page, so make sure you’re updating it with your progress!
You can also use the ‘Invite’ button to ask your friends to join your fundraiser so you can keep them up to date with how it's going.
What if people don't want to donate on my Facebook Fundraiser?
Don't worry - there are other ways to collect their donations. We simply recommend Facebook Fundraisers for this challenge as they’re easy and hassle-free, but you can download one of our King’s College Hospital Charity sponsorship forms to use to collect donations in person or you can set up a JustGiving page.
My friend accidentally donated to my Facebook fundraiser, can you give them a refund?
Unfortunately, we can’t issue refunds - Facebook must do this. People can request a refund themselves from Facebook by following the below steps:
- Send them this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/162031714239823
- Select — I donated to a fundraiser on Facebook
- Select — I want a refund for my donation(s)
- Select — I made a donation by accident. Find their donation in the dropdown and request the refund.
Some friends/family have given me cash, how do I pay this money into King’s College Hospital Charity?
The easiest way is to donate it directly to your Facebook fundraiser (or JustGiving page).
If you have received money after your Facebook fundraiser has ended, please pay this money through our website.
Please make sure you say that it is sponsorship money from an event and use the name that you registered with.