Apply for a grant from a designated fund
We manage over two hundred designated funds, each set up to support a specific purpose within our hospitals.
Apply for a grant from the Crown Fund
Our Crown Fund enables King's staff to apply directly to the Charity for funding. The Crown Fund is not open for applications just yet, with the next round due to open in 2024.
Christmas decorations and grants
Christmas decorations - £75 grants
Each year King's College Hospital Charity participates in the hospitals’ Christmas celebrations by helping staff decorate their ward or patient area. With proof of purchase, we can reimburse up to £75 per area, ward or department, with a total of £3k available for decorations throughout King's. Click here to request a Christmas decoration grant.
Staff vouchers and celebrations out of designated funds
Christmas One4all vouchers and parties (alcohol-free) can only be funded out of designated funds, with a maximum of £20 per person per year for staff vouchers and entertainment. Please refer to the our Frequently Asked Questions for information on expenditure that benefits staff. One4all Voucher guidelines below.
Christmas gifts for patients
We also support buying patients presents at Christmas, coordinated centrally by our colleagues at King's.
Vouchers can only be funded out of designated funds. The deadline to submit One4all vouchers is Wednesday 6th December 2023 to receive the vouchers before Christmas. The minimum amount is £10 and the maximum is £20. Please note, there is a £1 one4all administration fee per card that will be added to the application.
The deadline to submit all other Christmas requests via the small grants form for payment is 12 December 2023 to ensure the charity has sufficient time to process the request before Christmas. Requests made after this deadline will be paid in the new year.
Christmas terms and conditions
- Staff celebrations and vouchers must come out of Designated Funds and the total amount must not be more than 25% of the balance.
- Staff celebrations and vouchers should not exceed £20 per person per year for each ward or area, including Christmas.
- The celebration or voucher should be made available to all staff in the ward or area.
- The benefit should not be focused on an individual or sub-group of staff.
- The cost of alcohol will not be reimbursed.
- To claim reimbursement for Christmas decorations and grants, proof of purchase must be provided.
- Submissions for One4all vouchers must be received by Wednesday 6th December 2023 Christmas delivery.
- All other applications received after the 12 December will be paid in the new year