We want to thank everyone for their support of our Hospital Heroes Appeal. Our community of supporters have come together to support the hospitals, staff and patients. We’ve had people come together by running, hopping, skipping, hosting virtual film nights, providing food, drinks and toiletries for staff and patients and donating to our appeal.
Through the Hospital Heroes Fund, the Charity is raising emergency funds to provide additional care, support, and wellbeing for staff during this undeniably challenging time.
So far we’ve been able to provide:
- Staff wellbeing hubs, now established at King's College Hospital and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH)
- Care packages including toiletries and beauty products for staff and patients
- Art installations featuring uplifting messages of support from the community, for hospital staff to read while they're at work
- Ongoing emotional and psychological support for staff to help them cope in the face of difficult, traumatic circumstances
- Text books and induction materials for student nurses who are graduating early and joining Team King's
- Radios, personal DVD players, puzzles, games, and books for patients to entertain, distract and help combat boredom
- Access to tablets, mobile phones, and charging facilities for patients to connect with the outside world
- Food hampers for patients who would otherwise be returning home to bare cupboards after being discharged from hospital
However, our support for the hospitals is not stopping and we still need support. We know this is a tough time for everyone, but if you could support us today it would make a world of difference. You can also leave a message of support, which we will share with our King's heroes.