Join King’s College Hospital Charity’s first Great Hospital Hike! We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support our intrepid walkers as they hike the 17miles between two of our hospitals. From Denmark Hill to Bromley, they’ll need support from people like you to help them complete the challenge!
Our walkers will be raising vital funds to improve the lives of patients at our hospitals. From funding innovative research projects to life-changing equipment, our supporters will be ensuring that patients, their families and friends receive the best care possible. Be a part of it by joining our volunteer team today!
- Join a friendly and dedicated team
- Be a part of an exciting event
- Improve communication skills
- Get experience of fundraising events
- Personal satisfaction of helping people complete a big challenge
What is involved?
There are three volunteer roles: Registration; Finish Line; Route Marshal. You can be involved for a part of the day or the whole day.
All the roles will require you to:
- Be a welcoming face to participants and their supporters
- Answer questions and directing participants
- Raise awareness of the charity and answering questions from the public
- Enthusiastically support participants as they take on the challenge
As a registration and finish line volunteer, you'll be:
- Helping the staff team to set up and take down the registration area in Ruskin Park and the finish line at the Princess Royal Hospital in Bromley
- Signing in and out participants, ensuring they have everything they need to take part in the event
As a marshal you'll be:
- Staffing water stations to provide refreshments for participants along the route
- Directing participants along the route
- Alerting event staff to any injured/ill participants
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone with a friendly and enthusiastic manner
- Must be available at the times set out below
- Reliable and punctual individuals
- The role may require some manual labour, and you may be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Route Marshals may need to access more remote areas of the course, so we are looking for volunteers preferably with their own transport and a full driver's licence
Date: 28 March 2020
- Registration volunteer: 7.30 - 10.30
- Finish Line volunteer: 14.30 - 18.30
- Route Marshall: throughout day, times dependent on your course location (8.30 - 17.30)
Expenses: Out-of-pocket costs, such as reasonable travel, will be covered by the charity. You will receive more information about this once you are registered.
- Registration volunteer: Ruskin Park, London SE5 9BD
- Finish Line volunteer: Princess Royal Hospital, Bromley, BR6 8ND
- Route Marshall: various locations; water stations are located Sydenham Wells Park (SE26 6QZ), Beckenham Palace Park (BR3 5BS) and The George Pub, Hayes BR2 7LE
Other: Breaks will be provided; you will only be asked to do heavy lifting or manual labour if you have had appropriate training; volunteers can undertake more than one role on the day; Route Marshal timings and locations will be discussed with volunteers on an individual basis in keeping with the volunteer’s travel and schedule requirements.