Why volunteer for us?
We fundraise for the best treatment, research and health education, state-of-the-art equipment and improving well-being in our communities. By uniting doctors, nurses, researchers and academics with our supporters and volunteers, we can provide the best patient care that goes above and beyond.
Our volunteers make a huge difference to the work that we do and the experience of volunteering also incredibly rewarding.
Volunteering with us brings a range of benefits, including:
- New skills and experience to boost your CV
- Becoming a valued member of our team
- The chance to contribute to the vital work of our hospitals
- Full briefings and support from us
- References and proof of hours available
- The opportunity to meet new people
- Travel expenses covered (London zones 1-6)
- Our opportunities are flexible and can fit around your routine
What can you do?
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities which fall under three main categories:
Community Fundraising Support
This involves tasks like bucket collecting, leaflet distribution, selling raffle tickets and placing and monitoring collection tins.
We hold a range of fundraising events throughout the year, and our volunteers frequently get involved by helping to direct guests, setting up equipment and merchandise and giving out programmes and leaflets.
Volunteers help us in our busy fundraising office with tasks like leaflet updates, data entry, preparing event packs and packing magazines for mailings.
Your ideas are welcome…
We welcome volunteers with a wide range of interests and skills and are always looking for new ways to improve our fundraising. If the roles listed above aren’t quite what you’re looking for, there may be other ways you can get involved. We’d love to hear from you if:
- You feel you have a particular skill to offer. Perhaps you are a photographer with spare time to give to a good cause, a physiotherapist with the skills to assist the participants of our challenge events, or someone with fundraising experience who would like to help out.
- You have an idea that might help us improve our fundraising, or any other suggestion relating to how to we do things.
- You have something different to bring to the team. Please do get in touch.
To hear how other people have valued their experience, meet some of our current volunteers.