We want to ensure that King’s remains:
- a centre of excellence for patients across the UK and beyond who require specialist care.
- a provider of first-class treatment for victims of major trauma.
- a world-class research and teaching facility.
We see ourself as a catalyst for innovation and excellence. We raise funds and give grants that enhance patient services, research and the working environment for staff.
The Charity has three priorities for grant making:
- Further developing and delivering a strategic grants programme that delivers positive outcomes and impact for patients, service users and their families.
- Ensuring key services/specialities use and develop their charitable funds to support innovation and improvement in clinical services across the hospitals.
- Developing and delivering a Small Grants Programme for projects under £25,000.
Our grant-making strategy is focused on improving patient care at the hospitals through:
- Supporting major transformation projects.
- Enhancing equipment and facilities.
- Supporting and inspiring clinical research.
- Improving patient experience and welfare.
- Supporting staff skills, health and welfare.
We worked towards a set of specific goals in 2017-18, with the following results:
Strategic grants with real impact
We have helped teams at King’s secure the latest technology to help the treatment of patients and research. We’ve also helped to make the experience of visiting hospital less daunting and more comfortable for patients and their families – for instance, in the provision of free wi-fi for patients across our hospitals.
Develop our fundraising
We brought our fundraising in-house in December 2017 and recruited an experienced team to work on it. This helped us to generate significant income and we aim to increase that figure again in years to come.
Develop our communications
We’ve established our own website and social media presence and have built relationships with local media. We also rolled out plans for reviewing our brand identity, a process that is under way.
Growing our community of support
One benefit of having an in-house fundraising team based at Denmark Hill has been our ability to get to know our colleagues at King’s and their patients. We are also building relationships with other charities involved with the work at King’s.
Developing our management
Our strategy is constantly evolving and we continue to develop our systems and processes to support a growing Charity.
Support our work today
Your contribution will help us continue our work supporting patients at King’s. Donate now to help us keep giving life-saving care.